Get ready to indulge in the ultimate cookie experience with this Copycat Crumbl Chocolate Oreo Cookies recipe! These cookies are soft, chewy, and packed with crushed Oreos that add the perfect texture and flavor. Plus, the cream cheese frosting on top takes them to the next level of deliciousness!
Say hello to Crumbl Chocolate Oreo Cookies - the ultimate indulgence for any Oreo lover! Crumbl is a popular cookie chain that has taken off in recent years with its inventive and mouth-watering rotating flavors. These chocolate Oreo cookies are a fan favorite, and once you try them, you'll understand why!
Classic Oreo cookies are crushed up and mixed into the cookie dough, creating a deliciously crunchy texture and adding that iconic Oreo flavor. Dark chocolate cocoa powder gives these cookies a rich, deep chocolatey taste. The cream cheese frosting is the perfect topping, adding a creamy and tangy sweetness that complements every aspect of the cookies.
The result? A cookie that is soft, chewy, and packed with flavor. These cookies are perfect for any occasion, from a midnight snack to a birthday party treat. You won't be able to stop at just one!
And if you enjoyed these Crumbl copycat cookies, be sure to try our other Crumbl cookie recipes such as Crumbl Cookie NY Cheesecake Cookies, Crumbl Salted Carmel Cheesecake Cookies, or Crumbl Cotton Candy Cookies.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Crumbl Chocolate Oreo Cookies are the ultimate indulgence for anyone with a sweet tooth. They're rich, chocolatey, and packed with crunchy Oreos that add a delightful texture to every bite.
- The cream cheese frosting on top takes these cookies to a whole new level of deliciousness. It's tangy, creamy, and perfectly sweet.
- These cookies are super easy to make, with simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. The recipe makes a big batch, so you can share them with friends and family.
- Whether you're a seasoned baker or a beginner, these cookies are foolproof. They come together quickly and easily, with no complicated techniques or equipment required.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- All Purpose Flour - Provides structure and texture to the cookies.
- Softened Butter - Adds richness, a moist texture, and a buttery flavor to the dough.
- White and Brown Sugar - Helps sweeten the cookies and also contributes to the texture and structure.
- Eggs - Binds the ingredients together and provides moisture to the dough.
- Vanilla Extract - Enhances the flavor of the cookies and balances out the sweetness.
- Baking Soda & Baking Powder - Leavening agents that help the cookies rise and become fluffy.
- Salt - Balances the sweetness and enhances the overall flavor of the cookies.
- Oreo Cookies - Cream removed, the cookie portion pulsed in a blender or food processor, add crunch and a deliciously iconic flavor to the cookies.
- Dark Chocolate Cocoa Powder - Adds richness and depth of flavor to the cookies, creating a decadent chocolatey taste and rich brown color.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Softened Butter - Adds richness and flavor to the frosting and also helps to stabilize it.
- Softened Cream Cheese - Provides a tangy and creamy flavor to the frosting, balancing out the sweetness.
- Powdered Sugar - Sweetens and thickens the frosting, creating a smooth and spreadable texture.
- Heavy Cream - Thins out the frosting, making it easier to spread and creating a lighter texture.
- Crushed Oreos (with the cream filling) - Add a delightful crunch and classic Oreo flavor to the frosting, taking it to the next level of deliciousness.
How To Make Crumbl Chocolate Oreo Cookies
Prepare for baking: Preheat over to 350℉. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
Combine the wet ingredients: In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Next, add eggs and vanilla extract. Whip together until light and fluffy.
Add dry ingredients: Add salt, baking soda, and baking powder and mix them together. With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the cocoa powder and flour. Mix until all the ingredients are well incorporated. Next, slowly add in the crushed Oreos while the mixer is on low.
Scoop and bake: Using a 2½ inch cookie scoop, place the dough on a cookie sheet, leaving two inches between each cookie. Bake for 13-15 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes. Once the cookies have cooled a little, move them to a baking rack to cool completely.
Cream Cheese Frosting
Crush the Oreos: Add the Oreo cookies to a food processor or blender. Crush 10 Oreos up, leaving the cream in the center. Set aside.
Assemble the frosting: Cream together butter, cream cheese, and vanilla. With the mixer on low, slowly add in the powdered sugar. Whip together until light and fluffy. If the frosting is still a little thick, add heavy whipping cream one tablespoon at a time until you get the desired consistency.
Frost the cookies: Using a piping bag with a round tip, swirl the frosting on the cookies, starting on the outside and moving in towards the center.
Garnish and serve: Sprinkle Crushed Oreos over the top of the frosting. Enjoy!
- To ensure your cookies come out perfectly soft and chewy, avoid over-mixing the dough. Once you've added the flour, cocoa powder, and Oreos, mix until just combined, then stop. Over-mixing can lead to tough and dry cookies.
- When shaping your cookie dough, use a cookie scoop to ensure that all of your cookies are the same size. This will help them bake evenly.
- Let your cookies cool completely before adding the frosting. This will prevent the frosting from melting and sliding off the cookies.
- For a fun twist on the classic chocolate Oreo cookies, try using mint Oreos instead. This will give your cookies a refreshing and cool flavor that's perfect for summertime.
- For a bit of crunch and texture, try adding chopped nuts like pecans or walnuts to your cookie dough. This will add a delicious contrast to the soft and chewy texture of the cookies.
- Use different kinds of food coloring to give your frosting a unique and vibrant color. This will make your cookies stand out even more.
- For an extra burst of flavor, try adding a few drops of flavored extract like almond or coconut to the frosting.
- Add a sprinkle of sea salt on top of the Oreo crumbles for a sweet and salty combination.
- To make these cookies even more indulgent, try sandwiching two cookies together with a dollop of frosting in the middle.
Storing & Freezing
Storing: Place the cookies in an airtight container or ziplock bag at room temperature. They will keep well for up to five days. You can also store them in the refrigerator for a longer shelf life, but be aware that they may become slightly harder and lose some of their softness.
Freezing: These cookies freeze really well, making them the perfect make-ahead treat for a party or special occasion. To freeze, place the cookies in a single layer in an airtight container or freezer-safe ziplock bag. They will keep well for up to three months. When you're ready to enjoy, thaw them at room temperature for a few hours or in the fridge overnight.
Yes, you can use gluten free Oreos to make this recipe. Just be sure to check that the other ingredients in your recipe are also gluten free.
If you don’t have a food processor, you can use the back of a spoon or fork to break up the Oreos. Place them in a large Ziploc bag and then smash away until they reach your desired texture.
Chilling cookie dough will help prevent it from spreading too much in the oven, resulting in cookies that are thicker and chewier. If you are in a hot climate, we recommend chilling cookie dough for at least one hour before baking.
More Easy Cookie Recipes
SHARE IT & RATE IT
Copycat Crumbl Chocolate Oreo Cookies
- ¼ cup butter softened
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 4½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp heavy cream for thinning if needed.
- 10 Oreos Crushed (with the cream filling)
- Preheat over to 350℉. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar.
- Next, add eggs, and vanilla extract. Whip together until light and fluffy.
- Add salt, baking soda, and baking powder and mix them together.
- With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the cocoa powder and flour. Mix until all the ingredients are well incorporated. Next, slowly add in the crushed Oreos while the mixer is on low.
- Using a 2½ inch cookie scoop, place the dough on a cookie sheet, leaving two inches between each cookie.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes. Once the cookies have cooled a little, move them to a baking rack to cool completely.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Crush 10 Oreos up, leaving the cream in the center. Set aside.
- Cream together butter, cream cheese, and vanilla.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add in the powdered sugar. Whip together until light and fluffy. If the frosting is still a little thick, add heavy whipping cream one tablespoon at a time until you get the desired consistency.
- Using a piping bag with a round tip, swirl the frosting on the cookies, starting on the outside and moving in towards the center.
- Sprinkle Crushed Oreos over the top of the frosting.
- Serve and ENJOY!
*All nutrition information provided is automatically calculated and is an estimate and will vary based on ingredients, brands, and changes in cooking methods listed in the recipe. If you need exact numbers on your ingredients, I would recommend calculating them with your prefered nutrition calculator.