Get ready to indulge in the ultimate sweet treat with these Copycat Crumbl Salted Caramel Cheesecake Cookies. With a buttery graham cracker base, creamy cheesecake frosting, and a drizzle of homemade caramel sauce, these cookies taste just like the real thing, if not better!
Crumbl Cookie is a wildly popular cookie franchise with over 200+ locations across the United States. They are famous for their massive size and unique flavors, with weekly rotations of their signature flavors that keep customers coming back for more!
But why buy Crumbl cookies from their store when you can make them homemade from scratch? When you make caramel cheesecake cookies at home, you have control over the ingredients. And making cookies at home is a fun activity that you can do with friends and family, and it's a great way to indulge your sweet tooth.
Salted caramel cheesecake cookies are a favorite in our house! The buttery graham cracker base provides a perfect balance to the creamy cheesecake frosting, and the sweet drizzle of homemade caramel sauce takes it over the top.
Make these bakery-style cheesecake cookies for a special occasion or just for an indulgent dessert with a cup of coffee. No matter how you enjoy them, we're sure you'll love making this Crumbl copycat recipe!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- These Copycat Crumbl Salted Caramel Cheesecake Cookies are the perfect indulgence for any dessert lover!
- The combination of buttery graham cracker, creamy cheesecake frosting, and homemade caramel sauce is is an amazing tangy and sweet flavor combination.
- These cookies are easy to make, making them perfect for any occasion, whether it's a party or an after-school snack.
- Making Crumbl cookies from scratch is a great idea because it allows you to save money and customize the flavor and size!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Butter - Provides a rich, buttery flavor along with a moist texture.
- Sugar - Both brown and white sugar adds sweetness and a subtle caramel flavor to the cookies.
- Eggs - Helps bind the cookie dough together and give it structure and moisture.
- Vanilla Extract - Enhances the overall flavor of the cookies with a light vanilla flavor.
- Flour - Provides structure and stability to the cookies.
- Graham Crackers - Adds a unique flavor and texture to the base of the cookies and the tops, making it taste even more like the crust of a traditional cheesecake.
- Salt - Helps balance out some of the sweetness and activates the leavening agents.
- Baking Soda & Baking Powder - Act as leavening agents to help the cookies rise and become light and fluffy.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cream Cheese & Butter - Make up the base of the frosting, adding a rich creaminess and a tangy cheesecake flavor.
- Powdered Sugar - Blends in with the cream cheese and butter, which thickens the frosting and sweetens it properly.
- Vanilla Extract - Gives the frosting a light vanilla flavor that compliments the buttery cream cheese.
- Brown Sugar - Adds a deep caramel-like flavor and color to the sauce.
- Heavy Whipping Cream - Makes up the liquid base adding a creamy texture.
- Butter - Gives the topping a smooth richness and buttery flavor.
- Vanilla Extract - Adds aromatic vanilla flavor throughout the caramel sauce.
- Salt - Balances the sweetness and brings out the natural flavors in the sauce.
How To Make Copycat Crumbl Salted Caramel Cheesecake Cookies
Prepare for baking: Preheat your oven to 350°F, line two baking sheets with parchment paper, and set aside.
Combine the wet ingredients: Use a stand mixer with the paddle attachment or an electric mixer. Cream together butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Add vanilla extract and eggs and mix.
Add dry ingredients: Add flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda until well incorporated. Next, slowly add 1½ cups of the crushed graham crackers and mix just until blended. Do not overwork.
Shape the cookies: Scoop the dough with a 2-inch cookie scoop. Roll the dough in the remaining crushed graham crackers and place the dough on the lined cookie sheets. Carefully flatten them until they are about ¾ of an inch thick.
Bake and cool: Bake one sheet at a time for 8-10 minutes or until slightly golden brown around the edges. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Then, remove the cookies from the baking sheet and place them on a wire cooling rack. Cool completely before frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
Assemble the frosting: Cream together butter, cream cheese, and vanilla until smooth.Slowly add the powdered sugar and mix until light and fluffy.
Frost the cookies: Using a piping bag with a round tip, pipe the frosting on in a circular motion starting from the center of the cookie and moving toward the edges of the cookie.
Boil the caramel: Add butter, brown sugar, salt, and whipping cream to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, and constantly stir for 5-7 mins or until sauce has thickened.
Add vanilla: Remove the sauce from the heat and add the vanilla. Stir until the vanilla is well incorporated.
Drizzle the cookies: Let the caramel cool for 15-20 mins. Using a spoon, carefully drizzle the caramel over the top of each cookie. Let the caramel set for 20-30 mins.
- Use a cookie scoop to ensure even-sized cookies.
- For best results, bake the cookies one sheet at a time and far enough away from each other so that they won't spread and touch each other.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely before frosting to prevent the frosting from melting. Additionally, wait until the caramel sets before serving.
- Use room-temperature cream cheese and butter for the frosting to ensure a smooth and creamy texture.
- Stir the caramel sauce constantly while cooking to prevent it from burning.
- These cookies can be served warm or at room temperature.
- Add chopped nuts, like pecans or walnuts, to the cookie dough.
- Use different flavored graham crackers, like cinnamon or chocolate, for a unique twist.
- Add a pinch of sea salt to the caramel sauce for a salted caramel flavor.
- Top the cookies with chopped candy, like chocolate or toffee.
- Use different frosting flavors, like chocolate or vanilla, for a fun twist.
Storing & Freezing
Storing: Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. They can also be stored in the fridge.
Freezing: Freeze the unfrosted cookies in a single layer in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Allow them to thaw at room temperature before frosting.
Yes, you can make the cookie dough ahead of time. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap, then store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
You'll want to take extra care in freezing frosted cookies by placing them in a single layer on a baking sheet, then freezing them for about 30 minutes. Once they are frozen, place the cookies in an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. Let them thaw at room temperature before serving.
Yes, You can use store-bought caramel toppings or even a chocolate sauce.
More Cookie Recipes
- Hostess Cupcake Cookies
- Birthday Cake Cookies with Cake Mix
- Crumbl New York Cheesecake Cookies
- Carrot Cake Mix Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Coconut Cake Mix Cookies
SHARE IT & RATE IT
We would love it if you would leave a 5 Star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Then follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest! Share your favorite recipes or ask questions in our Facebook Group.
Copycat Crumbl Salted Caramel Cheesecake Cookies
- 2 cookie sheets
- 2 sheets of parchment paper
- ¾ cup butter softened
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cup flour
- 1½ cup graham cracker
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup graham cracker
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 8 oz butter softened
- 2½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F, line two baking sheets with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Cream together butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Next, add vanilla extract and eggs.
- Add flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda until well incorporated. Next, slowly add 1½ cups of the crushed graham crackers and mix just until blended.
- Scoop the dough with a 2-inch cookie scoop. Roll the dough in the remaining crushed graham crackers and place the dough on the lined cookie sheets. Carefully flatten them until they are about ¾ of an inch thick.
- Bake one sheet at a time for 8-10 minutes or until slightly golden brown around the edges.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Then, remove the cookies from the baking sheet and place them on a wire cooling rack. Cool completely before frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cream together butter, cream cheese, and vanilla.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar and mix until light and fluffy.
- Using a piping bag with a round tip, pipe the frosting on in a circular motion starting from the center of the cookie and moving toward the edges of the cookie.
- Add butter, brown sugar, salt, and whipping cream to a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, and constantly stir for 5-7 mins or until sauce has thickened.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and add the vanilla. Stir until the vanilla is well incorporated.
- Let the caramel cool for 15-20 mins. Using a spoon, carefully drizzle the caramel over the top of each cookie.
- Let the caramel set for 20-30 mins. These cookies are delicious and can be served at room temperature or chilled.
*All nutrition information provided is automatically calculated and is an estimate and will vary based on ingredients, brands, and changes in cooking methods listed in the recipe. If you need exact numbers on your ingredients, I would recommend calculating them with your prefered nutrition calculator.
Leave a Reply