Craving the irresistible ranch sauce from Wingstop? With just a few common ingredients and a quick whisk, you can recreate that creamy, tangy goodness at home in no time with this easy copycat Wingstop Ranch Recipe. Serve with wings and french fries, or use as a salad dressing!
Wingstop is a popular fast-food chain known for its delicious array of flavored chicken wings and tenders, from classic buffalo to zesty lemon pepper. What really sets Wingstop apart is their incredibly popular ranch sauce that has the perfect creamy texture and balance of tangy and savory flavors.
Instead of having to go to Wingstop, you can easily make homemade Wingstop ranch sauce in your own kitchen using a few simple ingredients! Ranch dressing copycat recipes have been making their rounds on TikTok and Reddit, and this recipe is super simple to make! Buttermilk, full-fat mayo, ranch seasoning, and black pepper are all you need! All you need to do is add all of the ingredients to a bowl and whisk until everything is combined and evenly distributed. Pop it in the fridge for an hour to firm up and let the flavors marry together, and you’re done!
Homemade Wingstop Ranch is incredibly versatile and can be served in many ways. Drizzle it over a plate of crispy chicken wings for that authentic Wingstop flavor right at home. Use it as a dip for your loaded fries, or pour it over a fresh salad to elevate your greens with a creamy, tangy kick. Whether you're hosting a Super Bowl party or need a go-to sauce for your snacks and appetizers, this Wingstop ranch copycat is a must-have in your recipe collection!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Making this Wingstop Ranch at home allows you to savor the same restaurant-quality flavor you love without needing to get takeout.
- With just a handful of easy-to-find ingredients, this recipe simplifies making ranch dressing into easy steps.
- Adjust the seasoning to your liking, making it as mild or zesty as you want!
- This homemade ranch isn't just for wings! Use it to jazz up fries, salads, and more, adding a delicious twist to all your favorite dishes.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Buttermilk - Lending a creamy and slightly tangy base to the Wingstop Ranch, it provides a rich texture and a pleasant tang that also helps maintain the consistency of the sauce.
- Full-Fat Mayonnaise (Hellman’s heavy mayo) - Contributes to the creaminess of the ranch while adding a velvety consistency and a subtle depth of flavor.
- Restaurant Style Hidden Valley Ranch Mix - The secret seasoning blend infusing the sauce with that authentic Wingstop taste, combining herbs and spices to deliver a distinctive ranch flavor.
- Black Pepper - Enhances the overall flavor profile and provides a gentle hint of spiciness that complements the creaminess of the sauce.
How To Make Wingstop Ranch
Mix ingredients: To a medium-sized mixing bowl, add the buttermilk, mayonnaise, ranch, and black pepper. Whisk until the ingredients are evenly distributed and smooth.
Cool in the fridge: Cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Keep in the fridge for at least one hour before serving. This will help the flavors come together and will help the dressing firm up and cool.
Enjoy: Serve cold with chicken wings, french fries, or your favorite salad. Enjoy!
- Be patient and refrigerate the Wingstop Ranch for at least an hour before serving. This gives the flavors time to blend, resulting in a more authentic taste.
- If you prefer a thicker ranch, use less buttermilk; for a thinner consistency, add a bit more until it's just right for dipping or drizzling.
- Opt for a high-quality, full-fat mayonnaise-like Hellman's heavy mayo. It will make a noticeable difference in the creaminess and overall flavor of your ranch.
- Don't hesitate to taste the ranch as you go. Adjust the seasoning to match your preference, adding a bit more ranch mix or black pepper if needed.
- Ensure you serve the ranch cold. Its creamy texture and flavor is best when chilled.
- This ranch isn't just for dipping; it makes an excellent marinade for chicken or pork. Let your meat soak in it for an hour or two before cooking for extra flavor.
- If you're hosting a party or have a hungry crowd, double the recipe to ensure there's plenty of ranch to feed a crowd.
- Add a pinch of cayenne pepper or a few dashes of hot sauce to your ranch for a spicy twist.
- Crush a clove or two of garlic and mix it into the ranch for a robust garlic flavor.
- Fresh herbs like chives, dill, or parsley can be finely chopped and stirred into the ranch for a burst of herb flavor.
- For a zesty kick, grate some lemon zest into the ranch to brighten up the flavors. A squeeze of lemon juice can also add a tangy dimension.
- Blend a ripe avocado into the ranch for a creamy, green twist that's both flavorful and nutritious.
- If you're out of buttermilk, swap it with plain Greek yogurt for a tangy alternative that's just as delicious.
- Without ranch packet: Mix together dried parsley, dill, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt to create your own ranch seasoning if you don't have a packet on hand.
- Without buttermilk: To make this Wingstop ranch without buttermilk, substitute it with plain yogurt or a dairy-free alternative like almond or soy milk mixed with a bit of lemon juice for that tangy kick.
Keep your homemade ranch sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week. Give it a good stir before each use to maintain its creamy consistency and flavor.
Ranch dressing doesn't freeze well due to its dairy content, as it can separate and become grainy upon thawing. It's best enjoyed fresh from the refrigerator, so avoid freezing it.
Yes, you can use low-fat mayonnaise, but keep in mind that it may result in a slightly less creamy texture and a milder flavor compared to full-fat mayo.
If you don't have the Hidden Valley Ranch mix, you can create your own blend by combining dried herbs like parsley, dill, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Adjust the quantities to taste, and use it as a substitute.
To make a dairy-free version, replace the buttermilk with a non-dairy alternative, like almond milk mixed with a bit of lemon juice. Also, use a vegan mayo instead of traditional mayonnaise.
- Stir into Creamy Pea Salad for extra flavor.
- Drizzle over Skillet Chicken Thighs.
- Stir into a batch of Garlic Mashed Potatoes.
- Add a dollop on top of Taco Soup.
SHARE IT & RATE IT
Wingstop Ranch Recipe
- 1¼ cups buttermilk
- 1 cup mayonnaise (full-fat, good quality such as Hellman’s heavy mayo)
- 1 packet restaurant-style hidden valley ranch mix
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- In a medium bowl, whisk buttermilk, mayonnaise, ranch, and black pepper until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
- Enjoy with wings, fries, or a salad.
*All nutrition information provided is automatically calculated and is an estimate and will vary based on ingredients, brands, and changes in cooking methods listed in the recipe. If you need exact numbers on your ingredients, I would recommend calculating them with your prefered nutrition calculator.