Packed with the refreshing flavor of orange and the creamy sweetness of white chocolate, these Orange Creamsicle Cookies are a breeze to whip up. With just a handful of simple baking ingredients, you'll have a batch of golden, citrus-infused cookies to indulge in a nostalgic flavor combination of orange and cream!
These orange cookies are the ultimate summer cookie that our family loves. I recommend you give these other tasty cookies a try Cool Whip Cookies, Cowboy Cookies Recipe, or Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies for more family favorites.
Orange Creamsicle Cookies Recipe
A classic orange creamsicle is a timeless summer treat. The combination of tangy orange and creamy vanilla is a match made in flavor heaven. The citrus adds a refreshing touch, and the creamy undertones make it smooth. You can enjoy the iconic summer flavor of an orange creamsicle in cookie form!
This recipe uses a boxed cake mix along with other pantry ingredients to make these delicious orange creamsicle cookies. The convenience of using cake mix saves time and ensures a consistently moist and tender cookie.
Combine cake mix, orange Jello, zest, fresh orange juice, vanilla extract, softened butter, and eggs. Add white chocolate chips for extra richness, resulting in a tasty orange creamsicle cookie dough ready for a simple baked dessert.
Their vibrant citrus flavor and creamy white chocolate chips make them great for picnics, barbecues, and potlucks. Perfect for hosting a summer gathering or looking for a nostalgic treat, this easy creamsicle orange cookies recipe has got you covered!
Why You’ll Love Orange Creamsicle Cookies
- The combination of orange zest, fresh orange juice, and white chocolate chips. This creates a perfect blend of flavors that will transport you to warm, sunny days.
- With the convenience of using a boxed white cake mix, this recipe takes all the guesswork out of baking. You'll have perfectly soft and chewy cookies that require minimal effort and time.
- Their bright and cheerful appearance makes them a delightful addition to any dessert spread, for picnics, potlucks, BBQs,s or any occasion you need a bright and delicious treat.
Ingredients For Orange Creamsicle Cookies
- White Cake Mix - Provides structure and a tender texture to the cookies. Its pre-mixed combination of flour, sugar, and leavening agents simplifies baking.
- Orange Jello - This infuses the cookies with a tangy citrus taste and contributes to their vibrant orange color.
- Orange Zest & Orange Juice - Provides a fresh and natural orange essence to the cookies.
- Vanilla Extract - Complements the citrus notes and adds depth to the flavor profile of the cookies. It balances the sweetness and provides a warming undertone.
- Butter - Adds moisture and richness while contributing to the overall flavor profile.
- Eggs - Helps hold the cookie dough together while adding moisture and structure while ensuring a soft and chewy bite.
- White Chocolate Chips - Adds creamy sweetness and a touch of creamy indulgence to the creamsicle cookies recipe.
How To Make Orange Creamsicle Cookies
Prepare for baking: Preheat over to 350℉. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
Combine ingredients: In a stand mixer, add the white cake mix, orange Jello, and orange zest. Whisk together until all the ingredients are well blended. Next, mix in the orange juice, vanilla extract, butter, and eggs just until combined. Slowly add the white chocolate chips while the mixer is on low speed.
Form the cookies: Scoop the cookies using a two-inch cookie scoop and place them on the prepared baking sheet, leaving two inches in between each cookie.
Bake and cool: Bake for 10-12 minutes or until each cookie has a slight golden tint around the edges. Cool completely. Serve and enjoy!
- Let the butter come to room temperature before using it. Softened butter is easily incorporated into the dough, resulting in a smoother texture and better distribution of flavors throughout the cookies.
- Use freshly grated orange zest. The oils in the zest carry a vibrant citrus aroma that will elevate the taste of the orange creamsicle cookies. Grate only the outer peel, avoiding the bitter white pith underneath.
- To prevent the white chocolate chips from sinking to the bottom of the cookies during baking, gently fold them into the dough.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely on the baking sheets before transferring them to a cooling rack or serving platter. This will prevent them from breaking or falling apart while they are still warm and delicate. The cookies will also continue to firm up as they cool.
- Substitute the white chocolate chips with semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks. The bittersweet chocolate will create a delicious contrast with the tangy orange flavor.
- Add a tropical flair by mixing in shredded coconut to the dough along with the white chocolate chips.
- Incorporate a touch of almond flavor by adding ½ teaspoon of almond extract along with the vanilla extract. The subtle almond undertones will complement the orange and white chocolate beautifully.
- Add a few drops of orange extract to the dough if you prefer a more pronounced orange flavor. This concentrated extract will intensify the citrus taste even further.
Storing & Freezing
Storing: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-4 days.
Freezing: Allow the cookies to cool completely. Place them in a single layer on a baking sheet and freeze for about 1-2 hours until they are firm. Once firm, transfer the cookies to a freezer-safe container or zip-top bag. They can be stored in the freezer for up to 2-3 months. When you're ready to enjoy them, thaw the desired number of cookies at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
More Easy Cookie Recipes
SHARE IT & RATE IT
Orange Creamsicle Cookies
- 15.25 oz white cake mix your favorite brand
- 3 oz orange Jello 1 small box
- 3 tbsp orange zest
- 1 tsp fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat over to 350℉. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add white cake mix, orange Jello, and orange zest to the bowl of a stand mixer. Whisk together until all the ingredients are well blended.
- Next, mix in the orange juice, vanilla extract, butter, and eggs. Mix together. While the mixer is on low speed slowly add in the white chocolate chips.
- Place the dough on the prepared cookie sheets using a 2 inch cookie scoop. Leave about 2 inched between each cookie.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until each cookie has a slight golden tint around the edges. Cool completely, serve and ENJOY!
*All nutrition information provided is automatically calculated and is an estimate and will vary based on ingredients, brands, and changes in cooking methods listed in the recipe. If you need exact numbers on your ingredients, I would recommend calculating them with your prefered nutrition calculator.