Enjoy these simple Cool Whip Cookies, an easy cookie recipe crafted with just 4 easy-to-find ingredients. With the magic of fluffy Cool Whip and a boxed cake mix, whip up soft, delicious cookies in a snap that are ready for any occasion!
Cool Whip Cookies
When you need a quick and easy cookie fast, this cookie recipe made with a tub of Cool Whip and boxed cake mix is exactly what you need! Mix these convenient ingredients together with an egg and a dusting of powdered sugar for a perfect treat with an even better texture!
Cookies are one of our favorite treats in our home, always stocked in the cookie jar! Explore more favorites like Iced Oatmeal Cookies, delicious Cowboy Cookies, or classic Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Cool Whip vs Whipped Cream
Cool Whip is a non-dairy whipped topping that comes in a tub or canister. It's different from traditional whipped cream because it doesn't contain any dairy ingredients like heavy cream. Instead, Cool Whip is made from water, hydrogenated vegetable oils, high fructose corn syrup, and various stabilizers and flavorings. This gives Cool Whip a longer shelf life and a more stable texture compared to whipped cream.
When used in cookie recipes, it serves as a source of moisture and fat, contributing to the cookie's soft and tender texture and subtle sweetness!
And because they are made with just four ingredients, whipping them up takes no time at all. Just mix together a boxed cake mix, Cool Whip, and an egg. Shape the dough into balls, roll them in powdered sugar, and bake for 12-14 minutes. You'll have soft and golden cookies ready to enjoy.
Easy 4 Ingredient Cookies
These Cool Whip cookies are a winner with just four simple ingredients, keeping it easy and budget-friendly.
Cool Whip brings these treats that soft, bakery-style texture, making each bite a delicious experience.
Customize your cookies with any cake mix flavor, from classic vanilla to chocolate or even red velvet.
In under 15 minutes, you'll have a batch of freshly baked cookies ready for any occasion.
When time is tight, these cookies are your go-to dessert solution. Enjoy a homemade treat without hours of baking!
Cool Whip Cookie Ingredients
- Boxed Cake Mix - Serves as the primary dry ingredient in the recipe, providing the essential structure, flavor, and sweetness to the cookies with a pre-measured blend of ingredients. You can use any cake mix flavor you enjoy to make these cookies.
- Cool Whip - This non-dairy whipped topping plays a crucial role by adding moisture, fat, and a fluffy texture to the cookies, resulting in their soft and tender texture and taste.
- Egg - Serves as a binding agent, helping to hold the cookie dough together and contributing to its structure and texture.
- Powdered Sugar - Used for rolling the cookie balls, adding sweetness and a powdered finish to the cookies, enhancing their flavor and appearance.
How To Make Cool Whip Cookies with Cake Mix
Prepare for baking: Preheat the oven to 350℉. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside while you make the cookie dough.
Assemble the cookie dough: To a large mixing bowl, add the cake mix, Cool Whip, and eggs. Mix with a spatula until all of the ingredients are fully incorporated without overmixing until a soft dough forms.
Coat with sugar: Use a 1½ inch cookie scoop to create cookie dough balls. Coat the cookies completely in a layer of powdered sugar.
Bake and cool: Place the sugar cookies 2-3 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the cookies are slightly brown around the edges. Cool on a wire rack completely. Enjoy!
- Space the cookie dough balls evenly on the baking sheets, allowing at least 2½-3 inches of room between each to prevent them from spreading into each other while baking.
- Watch for a slight golden brown color around the edges of the cookies as a visual cue that they are ready to be taken out of the oven.
- Lining your baking sheets with parchment paper prevents sticking and makes cleanup easier.
- When rolling the cookie balls in powdered sugar, handle them gently to maintain their round shape and ensure they are evenly coated.
- Try different cake mix flavors to create unique cookie variations and find your favorite combination.
- Allow the cookies to cool on a wire rack after baking to ensure they set properly, keeping their soft texture.
- Stick to a classic vanilla cake mix for a timeless flavor profile that pairs perfectly with Cool Whip.
- Use a chocolate cake mix for a rich and indulgent chocolate cookie.
- Opt for a lemon-flavored cake mix to infuse a zesty and refreshing twist into your cookies.
- Try a strawberry cake mix for a fruity and vibrant cookie with a hint of sweetness.
- Experiment with a spice cake mix to add warm and cozy flavors, perfect for the fall season.
- Use a red velvet cake mix for eye-catching, vibrant cookies with a touch of cocoa.
- Egg-Free Option: For an egg-free version, use a flaxseed or chia egg substitute by mixing one tablespoon of ground flaxseed or ground chia seeds with 2.5 tablespoons of water for each egg.
- Brownie Mix: Substitute the cake mix with a brownie mix for an ultra-chocolatey and fudgy cookie.
- 3-Ingredient Cookies: To make them with just three ingredients, skip the egg and powdered sugar. The Cool Whip and cake mix alone will create delicious, soft cookies.
- Toppings: After rolling in powdered sugar, get creative by adding sprinkles, crushed nuts, or chocolate chips to the cookie dough balls before baking for extra texture and flavor.
Storing & Freezing Cool Whip Cookies
Storing: Keep the cooled cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3-4 days to maintain freshness.
Freezing: To freeze, arrange the cookies in a single layer on a baking sheet and freeze until solid. Then, transfer them to an airtight container or freezer bag, separate layers with parchment paper, and freeze for up to 2-3 months. Let them thaw on the countertop at room temperature until the chill has been taken off.
Yes, You can choose from a variety of cake mix flavors to customize your cookies, from classic vanilla to chocolate, lemon, and even red velvet, allowing you to experiment with different taste profiles.
If you prefer a different coating or want to reduce sugar, you can roll the cookie dough balls in alternatives like granulated sugar, cocoa powder, or even crushed nuts for added texture and flavor.
No, Dream Topping is not the same as Cool Whip. Cool Whip is a ready-made, non-dairy whipped topping, while Dream Topping is a powdered mix that requires milk and whipping to prepare. They have different ingredients and preparation methods that can't be used interchangeably.
More Cake Mix Cookie Recipes
SHARE IT & RATE IT
Cool Whip Cookies
- 1 box cake mix
- 1 8oz Cool Whip
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Next line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add cake mix, Cool Whip and egg. Mix until all the ingredients are well blended.
- Place the dough in the the powdered sugar using a 1½ inch cookie scoop. Make sure to coat the cookies completely in powdered sugar.
- Place the dough on the prepared cookie sheet leaving at least 2 ½-3 inches between each cookie.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the cookies turn slightly golden brown around the edges. Remove the cookies from the baking sheet and place them on a wire cooling rack.
- Serve and enjoy!
*All nutrition information provided is automatically calculated and is an estimate and will vary based on ingredients, brands, and changes in cooking methods listed in the recipe. If you need exact numbers on your ingredients, I would recommend calculating them with your prefered nutrition calculator.