If you're looking for a fun and easy way to jazz up your dessert game, try these Lucky Charm Rice Krispie Treats. This classic dessert is infused with the marshmallow deliciousness of Lucky Charms cereal. The result is a treat that is delicious any time of the year or for an easy St. Patricks Day treat!
Lucky Charms is a beloved breakfast cereal that has been a staple in American households since its creation in 1964 by General Mills. What sets Lucky Charms apart from other cereals is its iconic marshmallow shapes, which range from rainbows and hearts to horseshoes and stars. These marshmallows, combined with the crispy oat cereal, create a satisfying texture and a deliciously sweet taste that appeals to both kids and adults.
With this recipe, you can combine this magically delicious cereal with another iconic treat: Rice Krispie Treats! These treats are a classic dessert that is made by melting together butter, marshmallows, cereal.
The result? A chewy and delicious treat that is simple to make but tastes amazing. By adding Lucky Charms cereal to the mix of butter and marshmallows, you can create an even more flavorful version that is vibrant, colorful, and perfect for adding a festive touch to any occasion or as a St. Patricks Day dessert!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- With Lucky Charms Rice Krispie Treats, you'll get the perfect blend of gooey marshmallow goodness and crispy cereal crunch in every bite, creating a satisfying and addictive texture that you won't be able to resist.
- By adding Lucky Charms to your classic Rice Krispie Treats, you're introducing a new level of flavor and nostalgia to a timeless treat.
- It's an easy and simple recipe that requires minimal effort but has maximum flavor!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Butter - The butter serves as the binding agent for the Rice Krispie Treats, helping to hold all the ingredients together and giving them a rich, buttery flavor. The melted butter also helps to melt the marshmallows more evenly and creates a smooth and creamy texture.
- Vanilla - Adding vanilla to the mixture gives the Rice Krispie Treats a subtle yet delicious flavor that complements the sweetness of the marshmallows and Lucky Charms cereal.
- Mini Marshmallows - Marshmallows are the key ingredient in Rice Krispie Treats, providing the gooey and sticky texture that makes them so irresistible. The mini marshmallows used in this recipe melt quickly and evenly, making them perfect for creating a smooth and creamy mixture.
- Lucky Charms - The star of the show, Lucky Charms cereal, adds a fun and playful element to the classic Rice Krispie Treat recipe. The marshmallow shapes in the cereal add a pop of color and flavor to the mixture, while the crispy oat cereal adds a satisfying crunch.
How To Make Lucky Charm Rice Krispie Treats
Prepare the pan: Spray a 9x9 pan with cooking spray and set aside.
Melt the marshmallows: Add the butter to a microwave-safe bowl and cook until melted. Stir in the mini marshmallows, then microwave in 30-second intervals until they are completely melted.
Add cereal: To the marshmallow and butter mixture, add the cereal and stir until each piece is well coated.
Assemble and set: Oil your hands with a light coating of cooking oil, then press the mixture into the prepared pan until it is even and flat. Let them set and harden for 30 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
- When melting the butter and marshmallows together, be sure to stir constantly to prevent burning and to create a smooth and even mixture.
- Use a large bowl to make the mixture so that there is enough space to stir and incorporate all the ingredients evenly.
- Once the marshmallows have melted, remove them immediately to prevent them from setting too fast.
- To make it easier to remove the Rice Krispie Treats from the pan, you can also line the bottom with parchment paper before pressing the mixture in.
- To avoid sticking, wet your hands with water or cooking spray before pressing the mixture firmly into the pan. This will also help create a smooth surface on the treats.
- Add in a tablespoon or two of sprinkles or confetti to make the treats even more colorful and fun.
- Swap out the Lucky Charms cereal for another favorite cereal, such as Fruity Pebbles or Cinnamon Toast Crunch. This will create a different flavor and texture.
- Incorporate other mix-ins such as chocolate chips, chopped nuts, or mini M&Ms for added texture and flavor.
- For a more indulgent treat, add a layer of melted chocolate on top of the Rice Krispie Treats. Then sprinkle with additional Lucky Charms or toppings of your choice.
- Make a gluten-free version of this recipe by using gluten-free cereal and marshmallows and ensuring that all other ingredients are certified gluten-free as well.
Storing & Freezing
Storing: Once the rice krispie treats have set and cooled completely. Store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Freezing: The treats can also be frozen for up to 3 months. Place the treats on a baking sheet in a single layer and freeze until firm, then transfer them to an airtight freezer-safe bag or container. When ready to enjoy, simply thaw at room temperature.
Mini marshmallows are the best choice for a smooth and creamy mixture. Regular-sized marshmallows can be used, but they may take longer to melt and create a lumpier texture.
Yes! The Rice Krispie Treats can be prepared up to 5 days in advance and stored in an airtight container at room temperature. They can also be frozen for up to 3 months.
What other cereals can I use in this recipe?You can customize the cereal to your taste buds! Try Fruity Pebbles, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, or any of your favorite cereal brands.
More Delicious Treat Recipes
- Hostess Cupcake Cookies
- Homemade Cherry Turnovers with Puff Pastry
- Salted Caramel Rice Krispie Treats
- Peppermint Sugar Cookie Bars
- Crumbl New York Cheesecake Cookies
SHARE IT & RATE IT
Lucky Charm Rice Krispie Treats
- ½ cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 10 oz mini marshmallows
- 7 cups Lucky Charms
- Spray a 9x9 pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt butter. Stir in mini marshmallows and microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between until completely melted.
- Stir in vanilla extract. Slowly add in the Lucky Charms and stir until completely covered in the marshmallow mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the pan. Spray your clean hands with a little cooking spray and press the mixture evenly in the pan.
- Let the treats set for 30 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
- In case your marshmallow Lucky Charms treats are excessively sticky, my recommendation would be to spray a rubber spatula with cooking spray and use it to press the bars into an even layer.
- Rice Krispie Treats can be made ahead of time, up to 5 days before consumption, and stored at room temperature in an airtight container. Alternatively, they can be frozen for up to 3 months.
*All nutrition information provided is automatically calculated and is an estimate and will vary based on ingredients, brands, and changes in cooking methods listed in the recipe. If you need exact numbers on your ingredients, I would recommend calculating them with your prefered nutrition calculator.