Get ready to indulge in the ultimate no-bake treat that will transport you back to your childhood campfire memories! These Golden Graham S'mores Bars are the perfect combination of gooey marshmallows, crunchy cereal, and decadent chocolate chunks, all in one delicious bite!
S'mores are a classic American dessert that has been around for over a century. They are typically made by roasting marshmallows over a campfire until they are gooey and melty, then sandwiching them between two graham crackers and a piece of chocolate. The heat from the marshmallow melts the chocolate, creating a warm and gooey treat that is simply irresistible. But making s'mores over a campfire can be messy and time-consuming, which is why making them in bar form is a genius idea!
Golden Grahams cereal is a sweet and crunchy breakfast cereal that is made with whole-grain wheat and corn. It's flavored with honey and brown sugar, giving it a delicious and addicting taste. Using Golden Grahams cereal in this no-bake s'mores bar recipe adds a satisfying crunch and a sweet flavor that perfectly complements the gooey marshmallows and melted chocolate.
Making these Golden Graham S'mores Bars is incredibly easy and requires no baking at all! All you need to do is melt some butter and marshmallows in the microwave, stir in the Golden Grahams cereal and chocolate chunks, and then press the mixture into a baking dish. Top it off with some Hershey's chocolate pieces and let it cool.
The result is a sweet and satisfying no bake treat that is perfect for summer picnics, backyard BBQs, or just a fun and easy dessert to make with your kids!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This recipe is the perfect combination of sweet and crunchy, with Golden Grahams cereal adding a satisfying texture and a delicious honey and brown sugar flavor to classic s'mores.
- No need to wait for the perfect campfire weather to enjoy this classic American treat, as these Golden Graham S'mores Bars can be whipped up in just a few minutes with no baking required.
- This recipe is a great way to get kids involved in the kitchen, as it's easy enough for them to help out and will definitely get them excited about making and eating s'mores in bar form.
- With its gooey marshmallows, melty chocolate, and crunchy cereal, this no-bake treat is the perfect dessert recipe to be a hit at your next summer gathering or BBQ!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Butter - Provides richness and flavor to the bars, as well as helps to bind the marshmallows and cereal together. It also helps to prevent the mixture from sticking to the baking dish.
- Mini Marshmallows -A key ingredient in s'mores, and in this recipe, they provide the gooey, melty texture that makes these bars so irresistible. As the marshmallows melt, they create a sticky and stretchy mixture that binds the cereal and chocolate together.
- Golden Grahams Cereal - Adds a satisfying crunch to these s'mores bars and also provides a delicious honey and brown sugar flavor. The cereal is a great substitute for graham crackers, making these bars easy to make and perfect for a no-bake recipe.
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks - An essential component of s'mores, and in this recipe, semi-sweet chocolate chunks are used for their rich and decadent flavor. As the chocolate melts, it creates a delicious layer that perfectly complements the marshmallows and Golden Grahams cereal.
- King Size Hershey Bar - Hershey's chocolate is a classic choice for s'mores, and the king-size bar used in this recipe adds a layer of chocolatey goodness to the top of the bars.
- Vanilla Extract - Adds a subtle and sweet flavor to the bars, helping to balance out the rich and sweet flavors of the other ingredients.
How To Make Golden Grahams S'mores Bars
Prepare the baking dish: Lightly grease a 13-9 inch baking dish. Set aside.
Melt the butter: Add the butter to a bowl and melt on low in the microwave in 30-second intervals.
Assemble the smores bars: To the butter, add the vanilla extract and marshmallows, and melt in 25-second intervals until the marshmallows are melted. Add Golden Grahams cereal and mix until completely covered in marshmallows. Mix in chocolate chunks.
Form into bars: Gently press the mixture evenly into the baking dish. Arrange Hershey bar pieces over the top.
Cool and slice: Cool completely, allowing the mixture to solidify. Slice into bars using a sharp knife. Enjoy!
- When melting the butter and marshmallows in the microwave, keep a close eye on them and stir frequently to prevent burning. Marshmallows can easily become overheated and become tough, and chewy if not melted properly.
- For easy removal of the bars from the baking dish, be sure to grease the dish well with cooking spray or butter before pressing the mixture in. This will ensure that the bars come out cleanly and don't stick to the sides of the dish.
- When mixing the Golden Grahams cereal and chocolate chunks into the marshmallow mixture, work quickly to prevent the marshmallows from cooling and hardening before everything is well combined. It's also helpful to have all of the ingredients measured out and ready to go before starting.
- To slice easily, use a sharp knife lightly oiled with cooking spray before cutting into bars.
Variations & Mix Ins
- To make these bars even more chocolatey, swap out the semi-sweet chocolate chunks for milk chocolate or dark chocolate chunks. You can also add in some white chocolate chips for a fun and colorful twist.
- If you love the combination of sweet and salty, add in some pretzel pieces or salted peanuts to the Golden Grahams mixture. This will add a satisfying crunch and salty flavor that complements the sweet marshmallows and chocolate.
- For a fruity twist, add dried fruit such as raisins, cranberries, or chopped apricots to the Golden Grahams mixture.
- If you're a fan of peanut butter, add some peanut butter chips or swirl in some peanut butter to the marshmallow mixture. This will add a rich and nutty flavor that perfectly complements the chocolate and Golden Grahams cereal.
Storing & Freezing
Storing: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. Be sure to separate each layer of bars with parchment paper or wax paper to prevent them from sticking together.
Freezing: To freeze, wrap the bars tightly in plastic wrap and place them in a freezer-safe container or zip-top bag. They can be stored in the freezer for up to 2 months. To thaw, remove the bars from the freezer and let them come to room temperature before unwrapping and serving. Note that the bars may be a bit softer and gooier after thawing, but they will still be just as delicious.
Yes, General Mills still produces Golden Grahams cereal. They can be found in the cereal aisle at the grocery store. You can also use off-brand cereal as well.
You can use regular graham crackers instead of Golden Grahams cereal in this recipe, but it will alter the flavor and texture of the bars. You'll also need to crush them to the proper size using a food processor or rolling pin.
More Easy Dessert Recipes
- Crumbl Copycat Waffle Cookie
- Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars
- Mint Chocolate Brownies
- Lucky Charm Rice Krispie Treats
SHARE IT & RATE IT
We would love it if you would leave a 5 Star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Then follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest! Share your favorite recipes or ask questions in our Facebook Group.
Golden Graham S'mores Bars
- 5 tbsp butter
- 7 cups mini marshmallows
- 7 cups Golden Grahams cereal
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 1 king size Hershey Bar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Lightly grease a 13-9 inch baking dish. Set aside
- Melt butter in a microwave-safe bowl on low.
- Add, vanilla extract and marshmallows, melt in 25-second intervals until marshmallows are melted.
- Add Golden Grahams cereal and mix until completely covered in marshmallows.
- Mix in chocolate chunks.
- Gently press the mixture evenly into the baking dish. Arrange Hershey bar pieces over the top. Cool completely, serve, and Enjoy!
*All nutrition information provided is automatically calculated and is an estimate and will vary based on ingredients, brands, and changes in cooking methods listed in the recipe. If you need exact numbers on your ingredients, I would recommend calculating them with your prefered nutrition calculator.
Leave a Reply