This home-cooked dish brings together juicy chicken pieces, buttery garlic sauce, and plenty of herbs for a flavorful protein. Ready in just 30 minutes, Garlic Butter Chicken Bites are a great main course to serve with your favorite dinner side dishes!
It's dinner time. You have chicken breast on hand and don't know what to do with it, but you also need to make a decision quickly. This is the perfect time to make these easy garlic butter chicken bites!
While there are many, many different ways to add flavor to chicken, adding a garlic butter sauce is one of our favorites. Why? The garlic adds a delicious bold aroma to the chicken that swims in a buttery homemade sauce that's seasoned perfectly and thickened with a bit of all-purpose flour.
The best part about this easy chicken dish is that it can be made in under 30 minutes! This makes it easy to serve with your favorite side dishes, including twice-baked potatoes, bacon-wrapped asparagus, mashed potatoes, or fluffy rice!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This garlic butter chicken bites recipe is a savory, delicious dish that's ready in just 30 minutes!
- The garlic adds an irresistible aroma to the chicken, and the buttery sauce is velvety and delicious.
- It's easy to make and can be served with your favorite sides for a complete dinner.
- A great way to use up chicken breast you may already have on hand.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Olive Oil - Used to cook the chicken breast in the skillet to make it golden brown and lightly crispy.
- Chicken Breasts - This high-protein meat soaks up the garlic butter sauce perfectly.
- All-Purpose Flour - Used to coat the chicken breast, which will help it brown and will also help the sauce stick to it.
- Seasonings - You'll need a mix of salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and onion powder to enhance the flavor of the chicken and sauce.
- Butter - Adds a rich buttery oil base to the sauce.
- Garlic - Imparts a bold garlic flavor to the sauce that is the star of the show.
- Fresh Parsley - Gives the chicken bites a pop of green color and a fresh garden taste.
How To Make Chicken Bites with Garlic Butter Sauce
Prepare the chicken: Trim any excess fat off of the chicken breast and pat dry with paper towels. Slice into bite-sized pieces.
Season the chicken: To a large gallon freezer bag, add the salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and all-purpose flour. Add the chicken bites to the bag. Close and shake until the chicken is well coated in the flour mixture. Set aside.
Assemble the garlic butter sauce: To a small bowl, add the melted butter, minced garlic, and chopped parsley. Whisk until fully combined. Set aside.
Cook the chicken breast: Add the olive oil to a large skillet and turn the heat to medium-high. Once the oil is fully warmed through and shiny, add the prepared seasoned chicken breast. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, keeping the pieces separate from each other. Cook until golden brown and the chicken is fully cooked through on the inside.
Add garlic butter sauce and serve: Pour the garlic butter sauce over the cooked chicken in the skillet. Continue to cook for one minute until the chicken is fully coated with the sauce. Serve hot with your favorite veggies or side dishes.
- Do not make the olive oil too hot in the pan; the chicken pieces will burn easily and not cook through on the inside.
- Make sure to fully cook the chicken pieces before adding the garlic butter sauce. The safe internal temperature for chicken breast is 165F.
- Add more or less garlic, depending on your taste preference; feel free to adjust the garlic quantity as needed.
- For best results, use a good quality grass-fed butter such as Kerrygold.
- Take a shortcut and use prepared minced garlic instead of using fresh.
- Swap out the protein: This recipe also works with boneless skinless chicken thighs, steak, pork, or even shrimp!
- Make it dairy free: Instead of using regular butter, use a dairy-free butter substitute such as Earth Balance.
- Add different herbs and seasonings: Add Italian seasoning, garlic powder, dried thyme, or smoked paprika for a different flavor.
- Add a kick of spice: Add crushed red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper to the garlic butter mixture for a spicy garlic butter sauce.
Storing & Freezing
Storing: Leftover garlic butter chicken bites can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
Freezing: Allow garlic butter chicken bites to cool completely before transferring them to a freezer-safe container. Freeze for up to 1 month. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and then heat in the microwave or on the stovetop as desired.
Garlic butter chicken bites are delicious when served with various sides, such as roasted vegetables, garlic mashed potatoes, couscous, and quinoa.
Instead of all-purpose flour, you can use cornstarch, arrowroot starch, or tapioca starch. This may create a slightly different texture than if using flour.
One teaspoon of garlic is equal to one medium garlic clove. Use as much or as little garlic as you like.
More Easy Chicken Recipes
- Creamy Tuscan Garlic Chicken
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Honey Teriyaki Chicken
- Grilled Teriyaki Chicken
- Easy Creamy Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
SHARE IT & RATE IT
Garlic Butter Chicken Bites
- Add flour, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and onion powder to a 1-gallon freezer bag. Close and shake to combine ingredients. Add chicken and shake until chicken is well coated. Set aside.
- Add melted butter, garlic, and parsley to a small bowl. Whisk until well combined and set aside.
- Over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add olive and prepared chicken to the skillet. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side leaving space in between the chicken pieces. Cook until golden brown.
- Pour prepared butter mixture over the chicken and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Serve while hot with your favorite veggies.
- If you prefer, you can use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts. Two chicken thighs are approximately equivalent to one chicken breast. Additionally, you should increase the cooking time by approximately 1 minute.
- To enhance the herb flavor, add twice the amount of parsley. For an additional depth of flavor, squeeze in the juice of half a lemon.
- To store leftover garlic butter chicken bites, place them in an airtight container and keep them in the refrigerator. They should last for up to 3-4 days.
*All nutrition information provided is automatically calculated and is an estimate and will vary based on ingredients, brands, and changes in cooking methods listed in the recipe. If you need exact numbers on your ingredients, I would recommend calculating them with your prefered nutrition calculator.